Art Producer (English, Mandarin)
We’re looking for an art producer, fluent in both Mandarin and English, to assist the Product Leads as we produce and translate content for Choices: Stories You Play.
With frequent releases to coordinate across several interactive books, the candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, creatively-driven startup environment. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly-organized individual, interested in mobile gaming, with a keen eye for artistic details, ability to express themselves visually, and can translate fluidly between English and Mandarin.
Candidates must regularly consume and be up-to-date with Asian entertainment, including movies, dramas, music, games, and literature. Pay rate is competitive.
- Create and/or translate art requests that are in line with the genre of the product. (Knowledge of Asian fashion trends is required.)
- Work as a point of contact between the Product Lead, art team, and external vendors.
- Task vendors to create background, characters, and clothing.
- Provide art feedback at all stages to make sure the finished product hits the right quality bar and is consistent with other assets.
- Curate all art resources; organize spreadsheets, keep track of everything in the pipeline.
- Assist artists with art polish approval.
- Excellent communication skills are a must. This candidate must understand the vocabulary of both the writing team and the art team in English and in fluent Mandarin.
- Highly organized.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Basic understanding of art fundamentals. Some art classes required.
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets.
- Expertise with Photoshop and other design and illustration software.
- Prior game-making experience (either professionally or in an academic setting.)
- Regularly consumes and is up-to-date with Asian entertainment and trends.
- Experience with Asian art styles, specifically shojo, josei, and other female-focused formats.
- Solid illustration skills are a big plus!
- A cover letter indicating why you’re interested in the position
- A current resume highlighting relevant and educational experience
Candidates without all the above materials will not be considered.
Pixelberry is a studio in Mountain View, CA dedicated to creating story games with heart. Many members of our team have worked together in the mobile space for over a decade. Our Top 25 app, Choices: Stories You Play, is a narrative game played by millions of players around the world.
None of this would be possible without a tight-knit team of eager, passionate, and talented minds. At Pixelberry, we do what we love, and we love what we get to do. The entire company laughs through lunch together daily, lines up for movie field trips on opening day, and plays board games late into the night. And the first time you get a thank-you message from a troubled teen player or their mother telling you that your game literally saved their life, you’ll know that you haven’t just found a job. You’ve found a purpose.
- Relaxed, open office environment
- Free food and snacks
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Board game nights, movie field trips, and murder mystery parties!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world