Senior UX Designer
We are looking for exceptional people to join our team. We have a lot of great ideas to pursue but want to grow slowly to keep our culture and team values intact. We’ve leveraged the success of our games to talk to millions of people about serious topics, like cyberbullying and eating disorders. Pixelberry has proven that innovative game design, commercial success, and making a difference in people's lives can all go hand in hand.
THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Feel good about what you do. Our game has literally saved lives.
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is 5 for 5 in launching games into the Top Grossing 100.
- Enjoy a good work/life balance. The three founders all have young children and take a long term view on company growth.
- Enjoy your teammates. We’re a small, tight group that enjoys each other’s company. Many of the team members have worked with each other for seven or more years. We have two married couples who met via the studio and are still here at Pixelberry.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a UX designer, you’ll work closely with a team of talented individuals across several disciplines within our organization to expand and develop new features for Choices: Stories You Play, our latest mobile game.
You will be part of the Choices storefront team where you’ll collaborate with game designers, visual designers and engineers to create the best possible storefront experience. The focus of this position will be on user facing systems design as well as internal tools development.
- Turn your ideas into experiences that come to life on mobile
- Design, plan and drive UX of key features and systems for exciting projects
- Wireframes and app flow layouts
- Prototype and conduct usability tests
- Document and communicate designs to other teams
- Rapidly iterate on designs between cross functional design constraints
- At least 5 years professional experience in a UX Design role.
- Strong grasp of modern app design patterns
- Experience building interactive prototypes
- Excellent understanding of mobile responsive design best practices
- Ability to gather and understand product requirements and work within technical constraints
- Ability to work directly with multiple teams to guide implementation and realization of design
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A great attitude and desire to work in a team environment
- Experience in the mobile gaming industry
- Strong familiarity with F2P models
- Excellent visual design skills
- Expertise with Photoshop, Sketch, Invision and Omni or equivalent software
- Cover letter, indicating why you are interested in the position.
- A current resume, highlighting design and game related experience
- A portfolio showcasing your most recent work. Please include examples of mobile app design and/or game design. We are not considering web design portfolios.
Candidates without the above materials will not be considered.
Pixelberry is a studio in Mountain View, CA dedicated to creating story games with heart. Many members of our team have worked together in the mobile space for over a decade. Our Top 25 app, Choices: Stories You Play, is a narrative game played by millions of players around the world.
None of this would be possible without a tight-knit team of eager, passionate, and talented minds. At Pixelberry, we do what we love, and we love what we get to do. The entire company laughs through lunch together daily, lines up for movie field trips on opening day, and plays board games late into the night. And the first time you get a thank-you message from a troubled teen player or their mother telling you that your game literally saved their life, you’ll know that you haven’t just found a job. You’ve found a purpose.
- Relaxed, open office environment
- Free food and snacks
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Board game nights, movie field trips, and murder mystery parties!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world