Senior Backend Engineer - Top 25 Mobile Game
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us maintain backend services for our market-leading, award-winning mobile game “Choices”. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicate with other departments when necessary. You should have experience as a backend engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry. We all work from home twice a week, so we’re looking for smart, motivated people who thrive around a high degree of autonomy. We’re based in Mountain View, CA, one block away from Caltrain.
Pixelberry Studios is a Top 10 mobile games developer, having created fun, compelling mobile games for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our current game, “Choices” has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first.
- Collaborate with a small, tight production team to develop successful games
- Design, code, and maintain scalable server codebases (Java, AWS, DynamoDB)
- Write and maintain scripts (Python, Bash, Lambda)
- Research new technologies and help architect the technology roadmap
- Develop fun, innovative game features played by millions
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Java experience in an enterprise platform environment
- Experience with the AWS stack (Dynamo, S3, EC2, ELB, SQS, etc)
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- Ability to solve cutting-edge technical challenges at scale
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Professional mobile game development experience
- Competitive salary.
- High level of autonomy and freedom.
- Work from home every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Easy commute (one block away from CalTrain).
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips.
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Engineering-led organization. Two of our three founders are engineers, and still code day-to-day. Ideal place to grow your career & skillset among industry veteran engineers.
- Learn about the business side of the gaming industry. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We’re family-friendly, and work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Diversity and inclusivity are top values in our games as well as in our team. For example, over half Pixelberry’s people are female.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.