Senior Platform Engineer - Top 25 Mobile Game
Pixelberry Studios, a division of Nexon, is the creator of the hit game "Choices". Our team has been around since 2011, and is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Choices has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. We believe that innovative game design, commercial success, and making a difference all go hand in hand. We are based in Mountain View, CA, and are looking for local candidates.
Our world-class development team is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer. The winning candidate will help us build reliable and secure services that drive our narrative gaming stack. Working alongside our tight, razor-sharp team with a high degree of autonomy, you will take ownership of architecting new tools, rolling out server infrastructure, and engineering platform services. We will rely on you to deliver mission-critical components, serving our millions of fans worldwide.
- Collaborate with a small, tight production team to develop successful games
- Design, plan, and implement high performance, scalable server architectures
- Explore new technologies and solve cutting-edge technical challenges
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design through release
- Develop fun, innovative features played by millions
- 3+ years of Java experience in an enterprise platform environment
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to solve cutting-edge technical challenges at scale
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- Experience working as part a lean / iterative engineering team
- Experience with the AWS stack (Dynamo, S3, EC2, EB, SQS, etc;)
- Professional game development experience
- Automation & Scripting experience.
- Competitive salary.
- High level of autonomy and freedom.
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Easy commute (one block away from CalTrain).
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips.
How This Job is Different:
- Feel good about what you do. Our game has literally saved lives.
- Engineering-led organization. The majority of our founders are coders, and still code day-to-day. Great environment to grow and thrive around senior mentors.
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- Enjoy good company. We’re a small, tight team that enjoys eachothers' company. Two couples actually met via the studio and got married.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all 3rd party recruiting agencies: Pixelberry does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Pixelberry is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.