Server Engineer - iOS and Android
Pixelberry Studios, a studio at Nexon, is the developer of the hit game, Choices: Stories You Play. Our team is 3 for 3 in launching games into the Top 25 Grossing on iOS, with Choices getting into the top 5 recently. We believe that innovative game design, commercial success, and making a difference all go hand in hand. We’ve leveraged the success of our games to teach millions of people about serious topics, like cyberbullying and eating disorders.
We are based in Mountain View, CA, and are looking for local candidates.
- Collaborate with a small, tight team in developing successful games
- Design, plan, and implement high performance, scalable server architectures
- Explore new technologies and solve cutting edge technical challenges
- Develop fun, innovative features played by millions
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design through release
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 3+ years of Java experience in a server environment
- Ability to solving tough problems at scale
- Great communication skills
- Solid understanding of OOP
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services stack (Dynamo, S3, EC2, EB, SQS, etc;)
- Game industry experience
- High level of autonomy
- Work from home Tuesday, Thursdays!
- Competitive salary and benefit packages. Pay commensurate with experience.
- Great working environment. Many team members have been working together for more than 10 years
- Love what you do
This Job is Different:
- Feel good about what you do. Our game has literally saved lives
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term
- Enjoy good company. We’re a small, tight team that enjoys each other’s company. Two couples actually met via the studio and got married